THE APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS NOW PASSED
Winners will be announced in September 2022 - Stay tuned!
As online, hybrid, and HyFlex modalities have become essential in today’s world, education efforts must continue to grow and adapt. In particular, video is becoming essential to the student experience, with instructors noting an increase in student satisfaction and student performance. Not only do faculty and administration in these areas need to adapt to these changes, but they also need to accommodate the needs of a diverse set of learners with a variety of interests to ensure STEM fields meet those demands. How are you using visual resources to support learning outcomes and increase engagement in STEM education at your institution?
We will confirm three winners globally. JoVE will provide funding, in the form of reimbursement, for professional development up to $2,000 USD per winner.
This funding can be used towards conference participation and/or course registration related to skill development completed by December 30, 2023.
We welcome submissions from educators from across all regions and territories, currently employed by, enrolled in, or affiliated with an academic institution or corporate, government, or hospital entity.
This award will recognize educators who have supported learning outcomes and increased student engagement in STEM education at their institution using video resources.
Interested parties should submit:
- A short essay (1,000 words max in English) describing:
- the practice(s) established
- the steps taken to establish these practices and make them successful
- evidence pointing to positive results
- Examples of any materials used.
The application deadline has now passed. Thank you to everyone who has entered the 2022 Educator Innovation Award. We will announce the winners in September 2022.
Terms and Eligibility
- Applicants must be currently employed by, enrolled in, or affiliated with an academic institution or corporate, government, or hospital entity.
- Submissions may be published on our website and/or be incorporated in the development of content materials for dissemination to a wide audience.
- Applications must be received by July 18, 2022, and winners will be announced in September 2022.
- Awardees must be willing to participate in JoVE coverage of contest results including a blog post, quoted testimonial, and webinar.