Is your library using video resources to support and accelerate STEM education and research at your institution?
Submit your 1,000-word essay and get recognized for your work.
As online, hybrid, and HyFlex modalities have become essential in today’s world, research and education efforts must continue to grow and adapt. Not only do faculty and researchers need to improve programs, but they also need to meet the needs of a diverse set of learners with a variety of interests to ensure STEM fields are accessible. Librarians continue to be in the unique position to support such instruction efforts by providing the right resources needed to bolster research and education. In particular, video is becoming essential to the user experience. How is your library using video resources to support and accelerate STEM education and research at your institution?
We will confirm three winners globally. JoVE will provide funding, in the form of reimbursement, for professional development up to $2,000 USD per winner.
This funding can be used towards conference participation and/or course registration related to skill development completed by December 30, 2023.
We welcome submissions from librarians from across all regions and territories, currently employed by, enrolled in, or affiliated with an academic institution or corporate, government, or hospital entity.
This award will recognize creative uses of video resources to advance research and/or teaching in science disciplines.
Interested librarians should submit:
- A short essay (1,000 words max in English) describing:
- the practice(s) established
- the steps taken to establish these practices and make them successful
- evidence pointing to positive results
- Examples of any materials used.
Submissions will be acknowledged and will be reviewed by an independent panel of librarians. Preference will be given to innovative approaches in supporting faculty development and building community.To apply, please fill out this form and submit all documents by July 18, 2022. Application materials should be submitted in PDF format and follow this naming convention: Last Name, First Name, Document Name.
Terms and Eligibility
- Applicants must be currently employed as a librarian at an academic institution or corporate, government, or hospital entity.
- Submissions may be published on our website and/or be incorporated in the development of content materials for dissemination to a wide audience.
- Applications must be received by July, 2022, and winners will be announced in September 2022.
- Awardees must be willing to participate in JoVE coverage of contest results including a blog post, quoted testimonial, and webinar.